Here are my top 10 stand out products from 2016!!
This year I tried out a lot of different items in the beauty industry! There were so many amazing products that released this year but these were the 10 that I continued to use all year long!
1. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation: This is not a new product for me but this was hands down my favorite product of the year. I can’t live without this foundation! I wear it almost every day and it never fails me. This foundation will be suited for oily or normal skin types because it is matte. It is extremely full coverage and stays in place all day! Seriously, I have slept in this foundation (oops) and when I woke up it was still flawless.
2. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer: This concealer was mostly everyones favorite for the year of 2016 and for good reason! This is the most beautiful concealer I have ever tried. I use it under my eyes and to highlight my face. It has amazing coverage and sits on the skin beautifully! The texture is very creamy and it is a beautiful brightening concealer for under the eyes!
3. RCMA No Color Powder: This was my favorite powder to bake with this year! I use this under my eyes and anywhere that my makeup tends to crease. It is translucent so it doesn’t leave a white cast on your face unless you use a ton of it. It helps my makeup to last all day without looking cakey! This powder is only $12 which is much cheaper than most of the translucent powders on the market. Definitely a must have!
4. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural: This powder is amazing. It has an extremely natural finish and I use this all over my whole face to set my makeup. I find that when I use this powder it doesn’t really add coverage, but it seems to fill in my pores and fine lines making my whole face look flawless! I use this every day because it is so natural and comfortable to wear.
5. Too Faced Sweethearts Bronzer: This was hands down my favorite bronzer this year! This bronzer is a neutral tone with a sheen to it. I wasn’t sure if I would like this at first because it is a shimmery bronzer but after I used it I noticed once applied you can’t see any shimmer on your face. It leaves a luminous glow that looks so natural! I like how there are two different shades so you can mix both or use them on their own. Definitely the best bronzer I tried in 2016!
6. Anastasia Brow Definer: I’m not too much of a brow product junkie because I have VERY thick and full brows. However, I felt like I needed to try one to see if it really made a difference and this brow definer is amazing! Even if you have full brows like me you can still get use out of this and it’ll last you forever! I use this to carve out my brows and fill in the spots that are a little sparse. I can’t live without this now!
7. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick: Liquid lipsticks were extremely popular this year and this was by far the best one that I tried! The formula is so comfortable to wear that I don’t even feel it on my lips when I’m wearing it. It stays on all day and doesn’t crease into my lip lines! The formula blew me away because it isn’t drying and it doesn’t flake off throughout the day. I have the color Rosa and it is a beautiful pink!
8. Colourpop Super Shock Shadows: I tried Colourpop shadows for the first time this year and they are the one eyeshadow I tried that really stood out to me. There is nothing on the market like them. They have a creamy/bouncy texture and they apply so beautifully with your finger or a brush. I bought so many shades this year and I use them almost every day! And they are only $5! If you haven’t tried these check them out and be amazed!
9. Anastasia Glow Kits: Anastasia Beverly Hills killed the highlighting game this year. These highlighters are extremely creamy and pigmented. I picked up two of the glow kits in Gleam and Sun Dipped and they are just such stand out products to me. You can use them all over your face anywhere from your eyes to cheeks and they are $40 for 4 shades. Definitely worth the price!
10. Morphe Brushes: These brushes are my absolute favorite! I have been so addicted to trying new brushes from this brand all year and they all perform amazingly. They are such good quality for an affordable price! These brushes are my go-to when I apply my makeup and I don’t use anything else now!
What were your favorite products from 2016?!